What is Team-Based Care
The Windsor Team Care Centre supports “solo practicing” primary care providers in Windsor. We provide team-based health care to their patients helping to meet their health and wellness goals.
The Windsor Team Care Centre provides wholistic care for patients age 16 and up at no cost and is funded by Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. We support a variety of health care needs, with a major focus on mild to moderate mental health, addictions and other complex health care needs.
Our team of professional’s care about one thing only…supporting our patients to meet their health and wellness goals. The team will use their expertise and work with each patient to develop a plan of care.
Some important things to know about our team:
- Our team members are highly skilled in their area of expertise.
- Patients will be actively involved in their care. Our team helps guide through the plan of care that is created in collaboration with each patient. They will also help patients work through any difficulties encountered. Patients may be surprised by what they can achieve!
- Services are offered on a short-term basis. Team members monitor progress with each visit and tailor the number of visits to each patient’s unique needs.
- Patients will be supported in learning and practicing new skills between appointments. Completing these activities is an important part of an individual’s health plan and gives an opportunity to experience some success and address any challenges that may arise.
- Group support is available. From time to time, we offer educational groups to provide in-depth understanding of an issue (i.e. anxiety, One Team Recovery, smoking cessation). Groups give you an opportunity to build additional skills and meet others working to achieve similar goals.
Clients referred to the Team Care Centre must:
- Be 16 years old or older
- NOT be currently involved or receiving any Counselling/social work services elsewhere.
- HAVE exhausted all EAP/Benefit coverage for services.
- NOT be seeking services focused on concerns related to schizophrenia or a psychotic disorder.
- NOT require specialized based services, which can be accessed in the community (i.e.: Treatment focused on Sexual Assaults, Eating Disorders, Dementias)
Hours of Operation:
Mondays: 8:30 – 8PM
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:30 – 4:30PM
Wednesday: 8:30 – 8PM
Windsor Family Health Team: Team Care Center
2475 McDougal, Suite 150
Windsor, ON N8X 3N9