We would like to vaccinate you in the centre that you get your primary care in so that it becomes a part of your medical history but recognize that you will have choices available to you over time and will respect your decision to acquire the vaccine where makes sense for you.
If you choose to be vaccinated at the WFHT your second dose of the vaccine will be booked at, or near 4 months after your first dose. We will communicate the details of that directly with you when you are eligible for your second dose. If you would like to learn more about the reason for this time frame, please click here.
If you choose to be, or have been, vaccinated elsewhere, we will not be contacting you about your second dose.
Mass Vaccination Centre
While you are waiting for our call you are welcome to self-book an appointment with the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit (WECHU) at this link here. This may allow you an opportunity to receive the vaccine at a mass vaccination centre but understand we are vaccinating the same eligible population. Also, note that there is no requirement to pre-register with the Windsor Family Health Team if you’d like your vaccination provided here.
It is rare that someone is ineligible to receive the vaccine based on medical conditions or medications they take. Please read over the questions you will be asked before being vaccinated. This will help you prepare, and give you the opportunity to book an appointment to speak to your primary care provider ahead of time if you are concerned about certain medical conditions or medications you are taking.
- For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 vaccines in Windsor-Essex, please visit the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit webpage.
- Other helpful information can be found on Windsor Regional Hospital’s webpage.
Vaccination Day Preparation
2475 McDougall Street – Suite 245, Windsor ON, N8X3N9
Please enter through the Main Entrance as you usually would. Go up the stairs to the right, instead of the left. You will see signs for the vaccine clinic near the big window at the very end of the hall.
- Expect to spend about 30 minutes at the clinic, you will need to wait for a minimum of 15 minutes after your injection for observation
- Only patients that have been given an appointment will be vaccinated as determined by the Ministry of Health vaccine rollout plan
- (You will be contacted with your second dose appointment)
- Your health card
- An email address if possible
- Attend your appointment alone if possible. If you need assistance, please bring only one other person with you
- A mask that covers your nose and mouth
- Please dress in something that will make your shoulder easy to access for the injection. Please wear short sleeves and leave layers, such as jackets or sweaters, in the car, if possible
- Remember to have a snack or meal before your appointment.
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment.